Monday, August 24, 2009

Big girl, Sad Momma

I don't know why I am so sad about the first day of school. She is in the same building with me, just like she has been virtually all her life(this time is school, up till now in the staff nursery). I had to fight back tears as I took her picture next to her ribbon, I fought back tears as I walked out the door, as I walked down the hall and up the stairs to my classroom. She is literally 60 seconds away from me, but I felt like I had never been away from her in my life.

It is not like she wasn't happy, she knew the classroom from summer school and her teacher. I guess it is just momma. I know it is great for her, but I feel a guilty. Like sending her to school instead of being with me all day long is the worst thing I could do to her. I am worried that if Ella is the only baby God sends me, this will be the only "first day of school" I will ever get.

All right, enough. I snapped a few pics. I particularly like the one with Gee-ga-maw-who I might mention is also in the same building with us less than 5 minutes away. Is is great for her to be so close too, she gets to see the little monkey much more that way.


On the way to school...
In front of her cubbie and ribbon.

4 comments:

Cousins Management Team said...

Oh, for cryin' out loud, she is so stinkin' cute in her school uniform! Glad y'all made it through relatively unscathed on the first day of school.

Love!

The Drama Mama said...

AWWWW! She is just precious in her little uniform! I totally get it, girl...no need to explain why you are sad! It's just another BIG milestone to remind us that they grow up WAY TOO fast! Thinking and praying for you! BIG HUGS!!!

Granma said...

OK - now you need to post a picture of "What Ella Learned in School Today"!

Aimee almost fell over when Ella told her that her "house" (office) was pretty, too.

Can you remember when she wouldn't come in the room if she saw too many people?

It is SO cool to be here and see her!

Gerard&Kristin said...

She's getting so big!! She looks so cute in her uniform! I don't know how I'm going to handle getting through that first day - as you know first hand, it comes all way too fast!